2018 VOLLEYBALL HAWAII TOUR INFORMATION
USA to Hawaii Girls Travel Team
Dates: July 4 - July 13
Age Group: Girls ages 14-19
Every year NBC Camps selects athletes who demonstrate exceptional skill and outstanding character to represent NBC Camps playing your sport on NBC International Tour Teams. If you are selected this summer, you will travel next summer competing against top foreign teams while seeing different parts of the world. You must be 14 years or older by January 1, to participate in the next summer’s tour.
Athletes can be nominated by their NBC coaches or High School coaches for tour selection based on ability and attitude.
The athletes who make it through the first round of tryouts, will then need to submit 2 confidential references, a parent recommendation/support letter, along with $500 USD deposit to continue the process. After an athlete is chosen, she or he is placed on a team and sent a congratulations letter along with a manual which explains everything about the tour.
2018 TOUR FORMS
2018 Tours Flyer
General Information Sheet
Athletic Information Form
Confidential Reference Form (2 needed)
QUESTIONS?? 800-406-3926 ext 326 or email Bonnie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The tour includes one training camp which begins before you leave on tour. Included in the cost are all lodging, two meals per day, sightseeing, great uniforms, and a travel bag with journal and bible. You will have the opportunity to meet young people from around the country and to grow as a person in every area of your life.
NBC International Tours is a branch of NBC Camps designed to further our mission to encourage athletes to lead a life of physical, mental, social and spiritual excellence. NBC International Tours has a four-fold purpose:
1. Provide an opportunity for students to compete overseas.
2. Allow student athletes to experience international cultures by traveling, site seeing, and games/matches.
3. Provide an environment where students can grow in their understanding of life meaning as found in relationships with others and God.
4.To provide an environment for athletes to become servant leaders.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY
Tour athletes and staff are requested to make tour payments according to the schedule outlined under the “Processing Money Received” section of the tour manual. The NBC Tour Office incurs expenses for each tour member from the time the team rosters are finalized (January) until after the tour team returns from overseas (July/August). The following guidelines should be used in determining our refund policy:
• Between January 21, 2018 and March 15, 2018, no refunds will be made except for medically documented injuries, which will prevent travel in 2018. Documentation must be postmarked before March 1, 2018. Refunds during this time will be prorated according to expenditures made, but in any case, there is still a $500 non-refundable deposit.
• As of March 16, 2018 and thereafter, NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR ANY REASON. (Please see section on Travel Insurance) All of our expenses are pre-paid by March 15, 2018.
To withdraw from a travel team, you and a parent or guardian must return the completed and signed cancellation form in this manual. The postmark date of your completed and signed cancellation form requesting your withdrawal will determine the date of withdrawal.